Take your self-care routine up a notch by adding essential oils! These five essential oils are the perfect additions to your self-care routine.
Essential oils have become an integral part of my wellness routine, so it’s only natural that I started incorporating them into my self-care routines.
Practicing self-care simply means that you are actively enhancing the quality of your health and your life. You’re doing things that make you feel refreshed or that replenish your motivation for work, family, fitness, social life, etc. Self-care could even be things that help you grow as a person.
How often do you take time for self-care?
Especially as women, we tend to focus on caring for everyone around us and caring for ourselves becomes our last priority. I love the analogy “You can’t pour from an empty cup.” You can’t give fully to your partner, kids, work, friends, etc. when you are completely depleted.
When we think about self-care, we often think about booking a massage or getting a pedicure. But self-care doesn’t necessarily have to mean spa treatments or spending a lot of money on yourself. Self-care is the simple things you do for yourself every single day that bring you joy and replenish your health and your spirit.
Using essential oils for self-care is super easy (which is why I love using them). Here are my five favorite essential oils for self-care:
Getting plenty of restful sleep should definitely be at the top of your self-care to do list! When you’re well rested, you make better food choices, have more energy, are in a better mood and can be more present.
Creating a bedtime ritual can help improve your sleep. Lavender’s aroma is great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil at night to create a relaxing environment.
- Add 5-7 drops of lavender essential oil to ½ cup Epsom salt and pour into your tub before filling with bath water.
So much of our overall health depends on the health of our digestive system. We tend to think of self-care as being all about pampering ourselves, but self-care can also be about caring for your body so that you can live your healthiest life.
- Add a drop of lemon essential oil to water in the morning. Drinking lemon water helps stimulate the digestive system and detoxifies the body. It’s also a great way to hydrate the body after sleep.
Staying well is such an important aspect of self-care that we don’t think of enough. Incorporate daily habits to keep yourself healthy!
Thieves® essential oil is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary. The blend was inspired by 15th Century thieves who combined a blend of herbs to protect themselves from falling ill when robbing the dead and dying.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil or dilute 1 drop with 4 parts carrier oil and apply to the bottom of your feet.
Chronic stress has an impact on your mental health, but also your physical health. Stress increases the level of the hormone cortisol, which in turn makes our bodies crave carbohydrates, specifically high sugar carbohydrates. Cortisol also causes your body to store fat, so even if you’re eating healthy you can still gain weight due to stress.
Stress Away is a blend of lime, lavender, cedarwood, vanilla, copaiba and ocotea.
- Rub Stress Away essential oil on your temples, forehead or the back of your neck throughout the day. It’s great to use when getting ready for a big event or when you’re under pressure.
- Diffuse Stress Away in the evening if you have a hard time slowing down and relaxing at night.
Taking time for yourself and to connect to your intuition and spirituality is such a great self-care practice.
- Diffuse frankincense essential oil during meditation or prayer for focus and clarity.
Incorporating essential oils into your daily self-care routines can be a great way to support health and wellness in really simple ways.
You can receive all five of these oils plus six more and a diffuser in an essential oils starter kit. The package is really economical – you get 11 bottles of essential oils, a diffuser plus some samples and other goodies. The starter kit also gives you a lifetime membership of wholesale prices (24% off retail).