Following a strict diet or meal plan isn’t going to heal emotional eating and stop you from binge eating. Find out why.
I spent years trying diet after diet and following different meal plans in hopes that I could finally stick to one and end my emotional eating and stop binge eating. But nothing ever worked.
It was a never ending cycle of starting a diet, eating a “bad” food or overeating, feeling like I failed my diet, overeating because I felt like a failure, then starting a new diet or the same diet over again.
It wasn’t until I finally stopped dieting and following meal plans that I was able to heal my relationship with food and stop binge eating and end emotional eating.
Which is why I help my health coaching clients let go of the dieting mindset and learn how to truly listen to their bodies.
It might seem weird that as a health coach who helps women lose weight I’m telling you to stop dieting. But there are a few significant problems with diets and meal plans:
- They don’t get to the root of why you eat emotionally or overeat.
- They’re restrictive, which can lead to overeating.
- They aren’t designed to fit into your lifestyle.
- They don’t allow you to listen to your body.
- They don’t give you the tools necessary to heal your relationship with food.
- They create strict rules about “good” and “bad” foods, which can lead to negative feelings about food and your worth when you eat off limits foods.
And let’s be real, dieting sucks. Feeling restricted when you go out to eat or attend an event is annoying. Trying to make a diet plan fit into your busy life is hard. Constantly obsessing about what you can and can’t eat is energy sucking.
In my one-one-one health coaching program, I’ll help you ditch dieting for good. My program is all about helping you learn to listen to your body, find a way of eating that fits into your lifestyle, and creating a nourishing relationship with food and your body.