Strengthen your immune health by creating some simple daily habits.
Keeping your immune systems strong is important all year long, but your immune health may be on your mind a bit more right now with the rapidly spreading coronavirus.
This is such a weird time in our world right now. While I do believe it’s important not to panic, it is beneficial to stay informed and be prepared.
One of the ways we can all be prepared is by making some shifts in our daily habits to keep our immune systems strong.
Remember that stress can weaken your immune system. You may be feeling stressed or anxious right now, so make sure that you’re taking time for self-care to manage your stress.
That may mean reducing the amount of time you’re spending scrolling news on social media, choosing just a couple of reputable sources to get your news, taking time for meditation or deep breathing, moving your body, eating nourishing foods, eating comforting foods, or talking to a friend or professional about your stress.
I admit, I’ve been experiencing some stress and anxiety. I’ve been reading a lot of articles online to stay informed, but it’s been overwhelming. I’ve been doing meditations daily, doing Pilates and barre workouts, and taking daily action toward supporting my immune health. I’m working on taking breaks from social media and news.
In addition to managing stress, you may consider adding some supplements to your daily routines to boost your immunity. Below I’m sharing all the immune strengthening supplements I use daily in addition to my favorite immune system supporting essential oils and non-toxic cleaning and personal care products.
- Inner Defense – Inner Defense reinforces systemic defenses, creates unfriendly terrain for yeast/fungus, promotes healthy respiratory function, and contains potent essential oils like oregano, thyme, and Thieves which are rich in thymol, carvacrol, and eugenol for immune support.
- Super C – The ingredients in Super C play a role in normal immune and circulatory functions, help to strengthen connective tissues, and promote overall health, vitality, and longevity.
- Life 9 – Life 9 helps promote healthy digestion, supports gut health, and helps maintain normal intestinal function for the overall support of a healthy immune system.
- MultiGreens – MultiGreens is a nutritious chlorophyll formula designed to boost vitality by working with the glandular, nervous, and circulatory systems.
- NingXia Red – This drink contains wolfberry, plum, aronia, cherry, blueberry, and pomegranate juices and extracts to support overall wellness. I either take this as a shot or I mix it with sparkling water for a sweet and fizzy drink.
- Thieves – Thieves essential oil blend is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary. I like to diffuse Thieves in my home to purify the air. I carry the Thieves Roll-On in my yoga bag to use throughout the day topically. I apply Thieves on the back of my neck and on my wrists.
- Lemon Vitality – Lemon helps support the immune system. I add a drop of lemon to a glass of water every morning.
Natural Cleaning and Personal Care Products
- Thieves Household Cleaner – Use this non-toxic cleaner to keep surfaces in your home clean. I clean everything in my home with this cleaner – bathroom, kitchen, windows, everything.
- Thieves Spray – Spray on surfaces like public bathroom door handles or toilet seats, shopping cart handles, and door handles. I use this spray to clean my yoga mat when I’m teaching or taking classes.
- Thieves Foaming Hand Soap – I’ve been washing my hands more often lately, and when I use the hand soap at work my hands get so dry. This hand soap is more gentle, but still gets your hands clean.
- Thieves Waterless Hand Sanitizer – I carry this in my purse so I can sanitize my hands after getting groceries, stopping at the coffee shop, or whenever I’m out in public and can’t wash my hands. This hand sanitizer kills 99.99% of common illness-causing germs, and isn’t drying or sticky.
All of the items above are from Young Living. I’ve been using these products for a few years now, and love that they’re all natural and made without weird ingredients. All of the products I mentioned above are products I use daily.
*I’m a Young Living distributor (which means I make a commission off of my sales). You can order these products as a retail customer here.
- Zinc – Zinc helps with immune function. It’s necessary for immune cell function, which means a deficiency can lead to a weakened immune response. (source)
- Echinacea – Echinacea, which is antimicrobial, is said to support the immune system and reduce the symptoms of illness. (source)
- Elderberry Syrup – Elderberries contain vitamins A, B, and C, which can help support the immune system. (source)
- Green Juice and Green Smoothies – Green vegetables help your cells function properly supporting your immune system. Add a handful of spinach or a greens powder to a smoothie or pick up a bottle of green juice from the grocery store. I always keep a 46 oz. bottle of Suja Mighty Dozen Green Juice in my refrigerator. (source)
I know I shared a lot of options here, but just choosing two or three things to incorporate into your daily routine could help boost your immune system. Keep it simple!
Want to know more about how essential oils can help you support your wellness? Download my Top 5 Essential Oils I Can’t Live Without.
Join me in my private group, Happy Healthy Empowered, for weekly live coaching and workshops, and daily inspiration for living your best anti-diet life.
***If you feel sick, please see a medical professional. I’m not a doctor, and the information presented here is not meant to treat illness.