You can treat yourself any day of the year, but Valentine’s Day is a great day to make a little extra effort to show yourself some extra love.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re coupled up or single this year, I highly recommend using this day of love to love yourself!
With busy schedules, focus on work and family and taking care of everyone else, we don’t always take the time to take care of ourselves. So why not use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to give yourself a little love and care?
Or as Tom Haverford would say, “Treat Yo Self.”
Here are some ideas on how you can Treat Yo Self this Valentine’s Day…
- Upgrade your athleisure. When you like the way you feel in your clothing, you feel so much better! When your clothes to fit, it can bring up a lot of negative emotions about your body. Take some time to get rid of the clothing in your closet that no longer fits, and purchase some things you love that fit your body at this moment. Right now, I’m all about leggings, cozy sweatshirts and cool athletic shoes.
- Get a massage, pedicure or facial. Book a spa treatment on V Day and you will be in pure bliss! If a trip to the spa isn’t in your budget, do an at-home facial or pedicure.
- Make a fancy brunch. If Valentine’s Day lands on a Saturday or Sunday, treat yourself to a frittata, French toast, fresh fruit and mimosas. If the day is on a weekday, stop at a coffee shop and get something you really love.
- Try a new fitness class. Check out a yoga studio you’ve been meaning to try or go to a new-to-you fitness class. It always feels great to move your body in a new way.
- Schedule a coffee or lunch date with a friend you haven’t seen in awhile. Catching up with a friend is such a treat! Spending time with friends is like therapy! Go all out and plan a Galentine’s Day brunch! Invite all your girlfriends, bring fun little gift bags and have fun (if you are a Parks and Recreation fan, you can go Leslie Knope style and shower your girls with compliments and tell them all why you love them).
- Schedule a few “me” hours. Do whatever YOU want to do. Read magazines, watch reality television, take a long hot bath, read a book, etc.
- Indulge in a special treat. It’s Valentine’s Day, it’s the perfect day to indulge in a few extra calories and savor something absolutely delicious. I’m all about the chocolate on V Day. If you want to save some cals try my Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Dip or my Chocolate Chia Pudding.
How do you plan to Treat Yo Self this Valentine’s Day?
To discover how you can ditch dieting, heal your relationship with food, find more balance, and nourish you body from the inside out, take my quiz here.
To find out more about my health coaching programs, click here.