This fresh juice inspired by a delicious restaurant version is packed full of vitamin C and antioxidants. It’s the perfect way to start the morning.
A few weeks ago, the fiancé and I were in Omaha for the MAHA Music Festival, and the morning after the show we stopped at FirstWatch for breakfast.
I was into their menu because they had avocado toast and a fresh juice bar. I ordered their Morning Meditation the juice bar, and it was so delicious I knew I had to recreate it at home.
It was the perfect inspiration to get my juicer out after a long break from juicing. I kind of got in a rut with making the same green juice over and over again, and I got bored with it.
Not only is this juice delicious and really pretty, it’s full of nutrition.
- Oranges are full of vitamin C, and phytochemicals and flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants.
- Lemons are also full of vitamin C, and contain calcium, iron, and vitamins B6, A and E.
- Ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Raw honey contains antioxidants and is full of phytonutrients.
- Beets are full of vitamins C, potassium and manganese, which is good for your liver.
This juice is a bit tart so if you prefer a sweeter juice, add more honey. You can also reduce the amount of beet juice you add or add honey to the beet juice if you don’t love the bitterness of beet juice.
Morning Meditation Juice
1-inch piece of ginger
1 tsp. turmeric
2 tsp. raw honey, or more
Remove the peels from the oranges, lemon and ginger. Juice the oranges, lemon and ginger together. Pour into two glasses. Add 1/2 tsp. turmeric and 1 tsp. raw honey to each glass. Stir until combined. Add ice.
Juice the beet. Pour the beet juice into each glass.
Want more healthy recipes, healthy living tips and inspiration? Get more here.