- Serves: 2
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pure maple syrup
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or Ezekiel bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 -2 tbsp. almond milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture and place on a skillet heated over medium heat and coated in oil or nonstick spray.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and place on a cookie sheet. Spread each slice of French toast with ½ tbsp. almond butter. Top two slices with banana slices. Then top each one with another slice of French toast.
- Place in the oven preheated at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, plate and top each stuffed French toast with butter and maple syrup.