- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread or whole wheat bread
- ½ apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup spinach, torn
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread, and spread pesto on the opposite side of each piece of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down on a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle half the cheese on the pesto side of the bread, top with apple slices, spinach then the rest of the cheese. Top with other slice of bread, pesto side down.
- Cook until bread is golden brown and crispy and cheese is melted. Then flip and cook the other side.