I know it’s not berry season, but I’m ready for strawberries, blueberries and raspberries! Strawberries aren’t in season locally yet and the strawberries delivered here from other parts of the country are still a bit expensive.
While I haven’t bought strawberries yet, I’m definitely dreaming up ways I can use them in recipes.
A couple of summers ago, I lived on this salad. I ate it almost every day for weeks. I’m thinking I need to bring it back into my spring/summer salad rotation.
The original inspiration for this salad came from Tone It Up. I can’t remember what the original recipe was like but after making it over and over again, I added my own flair.
I used either dried figs or dates when making this salad, and both were delicious.
You could also add grilled chicken or another protein to make this a super satisfying and filling meal.
Full of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants, this is the perfect spring or summer salad! This salad is packed full of vitamins A, K and C, calcium, iron, healthy fat and fiber.
- Serves: 1 serving
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
Kale Strawberry Fig Salad
- 2 cups organic kale
- 1 cup organic mixed greens
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 dried figs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Remove kale leaves from stems. Massage kale for five minutes with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Combine oil, vinegar, honey and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine kale, carrots, strawberries and figs. Drizzle with dressing. Top with avocado and coconut. Enjoy!