- Category: Breakfast
- 5 -6 pieces sprouted grain bread
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- vegan butter or coconut oil
- Whisk together pumpkin, almond milk, egg, pure maple syrup and spices. (note: you can use 1-2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice instead of the spices listed).
- Add vegan butter or coconut oil to a pan over medium low heat.
- Lightly coat bread with pumpkin mixture. Let excess drip off before placing on the pan.
- Cook French toast on each side until golden brown. Repeat until all bread or mixture is used up.
- Serve with pure maple syrup.