- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or half whole wheat/half white)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour, one cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- The dough will be very stiff; blend last flour by hand.
- Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball in a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8-inch thick.
- Dip cookie cutters in flour before each use.
- Bake cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet on top rack of oven for 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.