- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- 1 package extra firm organic tofu
- olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more for spicier flavor
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 9 ounces can corn, drained
- 16 5 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- Corn tortillas
- Desired toppings: plain Greek yogurt, guacamole, grape tomatoes, salsa, jalapeño
- Place a paper towel or tea towel on a plate. Place tofu on top of towel. Place another paper towel or tea towel on top of the tofu, and place a plate on top. Let sit for 20-30 minutes to allow the liquid to release from the tofu.
- Press tofu gently to release any excess liquid. Add oil to a pan over medium heat. Crumble tofu and add to pan. Add 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. chili powder, turmeric and cayenne, and mix until tofu is coated. Let cook, stirring occasionally until tofu is cooked to your liking.
- While tofu is cooking, add onion and green pepper to another pan with oil over medium heat. Add 1 tsp. cumin and 1 tsp. chili powder. When onion and pepper is fragrant, add corn and black beans. When tofu is cooked, add vegetable mixture to tofu and stir. Taste and add more spices, if desired.
- Warm up corn tortillas to prevent breaking. Place a spoonful of tofu black bean mixture to tortillas, topping with desired ingredients.