- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- 1/2 package extra firm tofu
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow or orange pepper
- 1/2 onion
- other vegetables of your choice (ie. chopped Brussels sprouts, bean sprouts, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Olive oil or other cooking oil
- Brown rice
- Place a paper towel or tea towel on a plate. Place tofu on top of towel. Place another paper towel or tea towel on top of the tofu, and place a plate on top. Let sit for 20-30 minutes to allow the liquid to release from the tofu.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Press tofu gently to release any excess liquid. Add enough olive oil to cover a pan over medium heat. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to pan. Cook on each side until golden brown.
- In another pan over medium heat, add sesame oil. Add onion, peppers and other vegetables. Add soy sauce or tamari and rice wine vinegar. Cook until softened.
- Toss rice, tofu and vegetables together in the pan. Add more soy sauce or tamari, if desired.