Taking a day to take care of yourself – mind, body, and soul – is the perfect way to get replenished for the week ahead.
I admit, I often get caught up in my to do list on the weekends, spend too much time working or doing housework, and go into the new week not feeling replenished.
Which is why I’ve decided that Sundays are for self-care.
Self-care is simply doing anything that makes you feel the way you want to feel. Do you want to feel relaxed, at peace, full of joy, inspired or adventurous? Making time for self-care allows you to replenish your spirit.
Here are some of my favorite ways to practice self-care that are perfect for Sundays…
- Write in my gratitude journal and do a short meditation while diffusing frankincense in my essential oil diffuser. Get my favorite essential oils here.
- Make a delicious breakfast like omelets full of veggies, toasted sourdough bread, and turkey bacon or protein pancakes.
- Put on a face mask, take a bath, and read a book. I’ve been loving Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask. I also like adding a drop of eucalyptus essential oil to my bath.
- Go on a walk or do an at-home yoga practice.
- Curl up under a fuzzy blanket on the couch, drink tea, and watch a movie or binge watch Netflix. I just finished watching the Crown, and it was so good! I’ve been loving Yogi Tea Honey Lavender Stress Relief tea.
- Spend time planning for the week – going over my schedule, writing down my priorities, thinking about how I want to feel, and planning out my workouts. I use a Passion Planner to stay organized.
- Coloring in my Golden Girls adult coloring book.
Practicing self-care doesn’t have to be complicated. Self-care is really just doing whatever is going to make you feel your best.
In my one-on-one health coaching programs, you’ll learn how to make self-care a priority, find out how to be more grounded and less frazzled, and how to set intentions to feel exactly the way you want to feel. You’ll also learn how self-care can help you reach your weight loss and wellness goals.
During your program, you’ll also learn how to nourish your body, heal your relationship with food, and release negative beliefs about your body.
What are your favorite ways to practice self-care on Sundays?