This trail mix is made with a blend of nourishing ingredients, which makes it perfect for a healthy snack on the go.
Trail mix is one of my favorite healthy snacks for when I’m on the go. It provides a perfect mix of protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates, which keeps me satisfied and energized.
I typically buy nuts, dried fruit and seeds from the bulk section of my grocery store, and make my own trail mix that’s full of healthy ingredients.
Pre-made trail mixes often contain candy and sugar coated nuts, so making your own can be a great way to keep the sugar content low and the antioxidants and nutrition high.
Here’s a simple guide to making your own Superfood Trail Mix. Choose one or two ingredients from each category.
Nuts: Walnuts, Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds or Pecans
Dried Fruit: Blueberries, Cranberries, Cherries, Goji Berries
Seeds: Sunflower Seeds, Pepitas or Hemp Seeds
Sweets: Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks, Cacao Nibs
Spices: Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger
I made my own version of Superfood Trail Mix with ingredients I had in my pantry.
Cashews, which are high in vitamins E, K and B6, minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, iron and selenium, and antioxidants.
Almonds, which contain healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E.
Pepitas, which are full of magnesium, zinc and omega-3 fats.
Dried Cranberries because of their antioxidants and vitamin C.
Dark Chocolate covered Espresso Beans, which contain flavanols – an antioxidant.
Superfood Trail Mix
2 cups raw almonds and cashews
1 cup pepitas
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dark chocolate covered espresso beans or dark chocolate chips
sea salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients together.
Want more healthy recipes and support with healthy eating? Read more below!
Ready to let go of extra weight, get back into shape, create longterm healthy habits, and ditch restrictive diets that don’t work long term?
Get ready to learn simple step-by-step strategies that you can EASILY implement to help you:
- Lose Weight and Get Back in Shape
- Feel More Energized (and avoid the afternoon slump)
- Wear Your Favorite Jeans Again with Confidence
- Fuel Your Body Without Ever Feeling Deprived
There are no crazy tricks, pills, potions or gimmicks!
You’ll also get the most delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes PLUS a community of support that’s with you every step of the way.
Since the Fall Reboot program is online, you can participate no matter where you live!
Here’s how it works:
This is an online program so you can join us from ANYWHERE in the world (please invite your friends – extra support is so helpful!).
Once you sign up, you’ll receive:
- One simple, transformational strategy each week to get you on the right track.
- Templates and worksheets to make tracking and planning easy.
- INSTANT access to the Exclusive Membership Group for support during the 30 days.
- Weekly private group health coaching sessions.
- SUPPORT, MOTIVATION and INSPIRATION for 30 days
PLUS…You’ll get these amazing bonuses for FREE
(A $130 Value)
- 1:1 Health Coaching Call to help you discover what’s holding you back and find out how to create sustainable changes to reach your goals (30 minutes).
- Delicious, Nutritious Recipe eGuide for breakfast, lunch, dinner and side dishes (A $27 value).
- A Grocery Shopping Guide to help you easily navigate healthy food choices at the store (A $19 value).
- ‘Sensational Smoothies and Juices’ recipe guide (A $19 Value).
The Fall Reboot begins Monday, Sept. 25. Grab a friend or two and join! 30 Days from now, you’ll be glad you did!
Join now for early bird pricing at just $77 until Sept. 10. After that the price goes up to $97.